This workshop provides practical approaches for the understating flow cytometry data, its analysis, Flow Cytometry Standard (FCS) format, and to produce visualizations for presentation and/or publication. During this two-day workshop, students are introduced to data management and quality control, processing of data with the package FlowJo, generate figures and statistical data for effectively communication. This workshop is tailored to researchers with limited flow cytometry experience, researchers doing less that 10-parameter cytometry, and experience researchers interested in becoming familiar with functional assay data, cytometry data model, and other areas of cytometry. At the end of the course, you will be able to import flow cytometry data, evaluate the quality of the data, extract statistics, and produce clear figures. Participants would learn to use FlowJo with practical examples.
- Import data to FlowJo and evaluate its quality
- Identify examples of good and bad data display
- Extract statistics
- Produce clear figures
- Analyze a simple immunostaining experiment
- Analyze a Cell Cycle experiment
- Analyze a Functional assay experiment
- Analyze a Cytometry Bead Assays experiment
- Effective and ineffective data visualization
FlowJo v10. Students are expected to have a fully functional license. Trial license will not suffice.
- Office suite with Word processor, Spreadsheet and Presentation program
Target Audience (if any)
People novice to Flow Cytometry or unfamiliar with its data analysis
Although no grades are given for courses, each participant will receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) based on the number of contact hours. One CEU is equal to ten contact hours. Upon completion of this course each participant will receive a certificate, showing completion of the workshop and 1.4 CEUs.
Familiarity with the basic principles of flow cytometry or IMMU 022 | Flow Cytometry Experiment Design
Follow the link to review Workshop Refund Policy.
- All cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations received after 4:00 pm (ET) on business days or received on non-business days are time marked for the following business day.
- All refund payments will be processed by the start of the initial workshop